CREATING AN EDUCATIONAL AND INTERACTIVE TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE
Inspiring as many young people and teachers as possible to get started with IT and technology. That's what Digitale Wolven attempts to achieve with their workshops. Because of an increasing demand in the past few years, an online extension was an absolute must. Digitale Wolven joined forces with Optis to create a fully interactive digital platform. Discover the entire story!
BIGGER REACH THROUGH ONLINE PRESENCE
In short, Digitale Wolven organizes tech-oriented workshops, for both children and adolescents from 6 to 18 years old and adults (evening education). Since the workshops always happen offline - on-site or at their own ‘Digitaal Leslokaal’ - human resources are not always sufficient to meet the large number of requests. On top of that, Digitale Wolven derives most of its financial resources from sponsorship, with Cronos Groep as main benefactor (revenues generated through the workshops are rather limited). To extend its workforce, additional sponsoring is required.
All the above-mentioned reasons summed up, an online presence is utterly necessary. And that’s why Digitale Wolven joined forces with Optis to create an interactive digital platform. As Digitale Wolven offers both technical workshops (how-to-program, get started with different technologies and learn how-to-work with robots) and experience-oriented workshops (gaining experience on technology), education and interactivity have to be at the core of this platform. A source where…:
- … children can consult step-by-step plans and interactive videos.
- … children can monitor their progress and results.
- … teachers can retrieve lots of educational content.
MORE CONTENT, MORE FORMATS
As Digitale Wolven mainly targets children and adolescents, educational video content is a must. Both for its practical and interactive value. Roadmaps for the various workshops can be digitized, children can easily monitor the progress of their efforts. On top of that, the videos are accompanied by printable step-by-step guides and online presentations.
In this way, both the children and teachers have everything they need to get to work themselves. Consider the physical workshops as the starting point, the platform as an online and functional extension. And this is just the start! An online platform offers a wealth of possibilities. In the future Digital Wolven wants to be able to offer an even wider range of content formats. Stay tuned for more!
FROM TESTING STAGE TO FULL USER EXPERIENCE
Right now, the platform is still in its testing stage, mainly used by the employees of Digitale Wolven. Optis is in the midst of creating a full end user experience, focusing on the following aspects:
- The implementation of the purchasing process. Schools need to buy licences that give them access to collections of step-by-step plans.
- The addition of audio. In this way, the Digitale Wolven teachers can provide voice-overs to videos, facilitating a more personal approach.
- The addition of progress tracking; When leaving the platform and returning later, it is important for the children to be able to quickly pick up where they left off.
- The addition of screenshots; Children have to be able to see the end result of each independent step they’re executing.
- The translation of step-by-step guides into video animations.
- Visibility toggling for step-by-step guides based on the level of difficulty.
Software is an ongoing process and here it’s no exception. Constantly testing and optimizing is the only way to create a successful online product. Get ready for a truly interactive and educational Digitale Wolven experience!
Inspired by this story? Would you like to appeal to our software development skills? Don’t hesitate to get in touch and let’s talk business!